The Farm Bill could be a great boon to Iowa if it would:
- Reduce hunger and improve nutrition by supporting SNAP benefits.
- Reduce carbon emissions and protect water, land, and biodiversity from degradation.
- Limit animal feeding operations (CAFOs) to protect communities and water sources.
- Incorporate provisions of the Justice for Black Farmers Act (118th Cong. S.96) which would restore land lost due to past discrimination and help a new generation of Black farmers.
- Ensure the health, safety, and fair compensation of those who work the land and pick the produce on which we all depend.
Download pdf postcards that you can print on 8.5″ x 11″ cardstock and hand out to your members: